Animal allergy & dermatology, Geelong
Just like their owners, pets can have skin problems that are irritating, sore and can lead to infection if not treated.
The first thing our veterinarian will do is to identify the underlying problem. There are a number of conditions that we frequently see in the areas of animal dermatology and allergy in and around Geelong:
- Allergies, including various foods, fleas and inhalants
- Parasites such as fleas and mites
- Skin cancers, especially on exposed skin such as the nose and face
- Hormonal diseases including hair loss
- Ear infections
- Immune-related diseases such as lupus
- Nail and foot pad diseases
- Bacterial, viral and fungal infectious diseases.
Dr Trevor Brown strongly recommends preventative flea treatment for dogs and cats and tick prevention for dogs. Such treatments will keep your pets safe from flea and tick infestations becoming a problem, particularly over the warmer months in and around Geelong. Mobile Vet Geelong is the Geelong vet clinic for advice and treatment for fleas and ticks.
Mobile Vet Geelong is experienced in animal dermatology and allergy problems and our vet comes to you to assess and treat your pets for skin conditions that are causing them discomfort or distress.